A Pattern Language for Productivity — Downloadable Version

PL RTF Thumbnail 200While I was in the middle of reordering, revising and adding sections to the Pattern Language for Productivity series for a downloadable version, one of my more saintly readers, D.L. Fuller, preempted me and sent in PDF and RTF versions, which I’m making available now.

I still see errors and omissions in the series, so I’m still editing the content for a later revision, but in the meantime, please feel free to download and distribute the existing copies at will. The PDF is a beautifully formatted 2-column version, and the RTF is equally well formatted, complete with clickable links. Mr. Fuller went above and beyond the call of duty here, and I can thank him enough.

Technorati Tags: ,

Tags: A Pattern Language for Productivity

Comments

• JayNo Gravatar // May 9, 2008 at 10:05 pm

For some reason the PDF version is downloading as a quicktime file and in the browser it’s all gibberish.

• RandyNo Gravatar // May 10, 2008 at 3:49 am

The PDF version is not a PDF and does not download properly

• Andre KibbeNo Gravatar // May 10, 2008 at 3:32 pm

Try downloading it now. I repaired the file extension, so at least on my end, I no longer have to manually associate it with Acrobat. It should work immediately. Sorry about that.

• augmentedfourthNo Gravatar // May 11, 2008 at 9:22 pm

It downloads and opens fine for me; thanks! I read the series as you blogged it, and I’m looking forward to reading the PDF version.

One PDF error I see off the bat, though, is that you put a “Pattern #1: Outcome and Action” header above the introductory section (with the same header repeated again in the correct location).

• Andre KibbeNo Gravatar // May 12, 2008 at 12:41 am

That’s actually the way it appears in the original post. I put the pattern number in the title as well as the section heading. In hindsight, that wasn’t a great idea, but it will be corrected soon enough when I post the revised version.

• KristiNo Gravatar // Jul 1, 2008 at 6:16 pm

Thanks for a printable version! (Wow, this window is doing weird things when I type in it, kinda nauseating.) When you do your updated version, please consider using a serif font, as many of us find them easier on the eyes than a sans-serif font. I like that you used narrow margins, thus taking advantage of more of the page.

• Jeffrey S.No Gravatar // Nov 27, 2008 at 9:16 pm

Thanks for the download. Great stuff.